So, this is one of Matt's favorite low carb meals. It can feel restrictive to eat low carb sometimes, but this dish is really pretty awesome. Hope your family likes it too!
1 lb chicken breast, cut into cubes (I have them cube it for me at Whole Foods)
½ head of fresh cauliflower, grated (food processor shred wheel or with a cheese grater)
½ cup of frozen peas
1-2 carrots, diced small (same size as peas, and about 1/2 cup diced)
2 T Bragg’s liquid aminos, divided (basically a healthy, non-gmo sub for soy sauce, can sub regular soy sauce or teriyaki sauce)
1 T sesame oil, divided
1) Marinate the chicken in about half of the liquid aminos for 30 minutes (optional)
2) Head a large skillet to medium high, and brown the chicken in 11/2 tsp sesame oil. If you didn't marinate the chicken, then add 1 T liquid aminos at this point.
3) Turn skillet down to medium and continue to cook the chicken through
4) Dump the chicken out on a clean plate, and put the skillet back on the heat to cook the veggies
5) Add the remaining sesame oil, peas, and carrots – heat still on medium.
6) When veggies are crisp tender, and add the shredded cauliflower to the mix. Put a lid on the pan for a minute or two to steam it. Alternatively, you can steam the cauliflower in a zip and steam, and dump it in at this point. Do not over cook – it will get mushy!
7) Push the veggies to one side of the pan, and crack the eggs in the other side. Use wooden spoon or spatula to break up the eggs, and semi-scramble them in the pan.
8) Once the eggs are cooked, mix with the veggies, and add the remaining liquid aminos (1 T).
9) Add the cooked chicken, and taste for seasoning. Add more liquid aminos, if it needs it (if you're watching your sodium...be careful!)
Hey there! I'm J-L (short for Jennie-Laurie), and I'm a wife, mom of 2, and I love all things health and fitness. Welcome to my blog!