Many of you know that I am a recovering chocoholic. I love chocolate. All things chocolate. Chocolate chip cookies are one of my all time favorite things in the universe. So, when wheat flour and butter were taken out of my diet, there was much sadness. I have tried several recipes that were pretty disappointing. But then....then came the Fixate cookbook. It was written by the creator of the 21 Day Fix, which is one of my favorite workout programs. So, these cookies are not only delicious, they are also allowed on the meal plan that I start almost all of my clients on. HOORAY! And they are not only allowed on the plan, they are also gluten and dairy free!!! Praise the Lord! We have made them several times already at our house, and they were the cookie of choice for Santa this year. I hope your family enjoys them as much as mine does!!
Chocolate Chip Cookies
3 cups almond flour (I used Wellbee's Super Fine, which is amazing...get it here)
1 tsp baking soda, gluten free
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/4 cup extra-virgin organic coconut oil, melted
1/4 cup pure maple syrup
1 large egg*
2 large egg whites (1/4 cup)
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips (I used Enjoy Life brand)
*I used 2 large eggs instead of 1 egg and 2 egg whites, and it worked great!
1. Preheat oven to 375 F
2. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
3. Combine almond flour, baking soda, and salt in medium bowl; mix well. Set aside.
4. Beat oil and maple syrup in a large mixer bowl until creamy (we did this by hand).
5. Add egg, egg whites, and extract; beat for an additional 2 minutes.
6. Add almond flour mixture to egg mixture; mix until blended.
7. Add chocolate chips; mix until just blended.
8. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto prepared baking sheet. Flatten cookies with a spatula if desired. Bake for 14 to 16 minutes, or until golden brown.
9. Store in airtight container.
Hey there! I'm J-L (short for Jennie-Laurie), and I'm a wife, mom of 2, and I love all things health and fitness. Welcome to my blog!